Saturday, November 8, 2014

In the beginning...

I used to sew, a lot. I sew much less at least in part because I write full time so I could live in yoga pants and no one would care but I like nice clothes even if I can't wear them. That said, I have become a BIG fan of minimalist movements like 6 items or less or Project 333. I blame the sewing ephemera from WWII and the Depression era that I collect and the 70's era crunchy granola environmentalists that raised me for the complete inability to throw out good clothes. So I donate like most everyone else but I have a ton of Eileen Fisher and other better Bridge designer lines that frankly, I don't want to give up but may not work for me anymore. So I am a big fan of the Make Do and Mend movement combine that with the fact that I can't ever leave well enough alone and you have the makings of an inveterate DIYer and compulsive tweaker. That is what you'll get here. If I really get my act together you may even get the odd tutorial. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment