Sunday, November 9, 2014

The difference between want and need...

This is one of those why? kind of moments. I know I do not NEED new anything, even after cutting back on the amount of clothing I have over the last 3 years I still have a ridiculous amount of stuff. At least now I actually wear all of it, okay, most of it.

Still I WANT this sleeveless chunky knit turtleneck tabard from Everlane.com. You can see it here: https://www.everlane.com/collections/chunky-knit-collection-womens-alt/products/womens-chunky-wool-turtleneck-sweater-grey

Crazy! Living in the Upper Midwest there is no point in the seasons where this makes sense. It is too bare for winter (6 months of the year), too wooly for spring (a nanosecond), way too warm for summer (a whole two weeks where we act like the people in Atlanta do when they get snow-- Heatpocolypse!). Seriously it is a truly ridiculous garment that I have talked myself out of Every. Single. Damn. Day for the last month.
If by the 26th of Dec. I still want it, I am making it out of some Eileen Fisher pants that are a wonderful wool knit that should never have been produced as pants, most especially unlined ones! The reality is I would wear this like a vest and wear the heck out of it. I am thinking longer, maybe leave the 'tails' split and I like the hi/low look. But maybe more difference between them.

AlterSWAP is taking over my thoughts and I need to be writing actual stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment